- 50g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- plus extra for dusting
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75g black treacle
- 125ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.and generously butter a 1kg loaf tin and dust with light muscovado sugar.
- Measure all the dry ingredients, except for the sugar, into a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, egg, treacle, milk and melted butter together and beat until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat hard for a minute until smooth. Pour into the loaf tin (it will only part-fill the tin).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about.
- 35 minutes until dark in colour, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch. Cover loosely with foil if getting too dark.
- Arrange slices of mango on a plate and sit a slice of ginger pudding on top. Serve warm with warm toffee sauce.
TO SERVE - 1 mango, cut into thin slices 1 recipe toffee sauce, see below for link.