In Episode 5 of Series 6 (US Season 3), the bakers were asked to use alternative ingredients in each challenge.
For the signature challenge, the bakers were given 2.5 hours to bake a sugar-free cake.
The bakes consisted of:
- Alvin's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Flora's Pistachio, Apple, and Cardamom Madeleine Cake
- Ian's Honey and Flowers Cake
- Mat's Sugar-free Carrot Cake
- Nadiya's Naked Blueberry and Caraway Crunch Cake
- Paul's Carrot and Pecan Cake
- Tamal's Honey and Grapefruit Polenta Cake
- Ugnė's Chocolate and Hazelnut Sugar-Free Cake
The bakers were ranked in this order:
The bakers were given 4.5 to make a dairy-free ice cream roll.
- Alvin's Buko Pandan, Mango and Passion Fruit Ice Cream Roll
- Flora's Chocolate and Pear Bûche
- Ian's Dessert Island Ice Cream Getaway
- Mat's Raspberry and Coconut Ice Cream Roll
- Nadiya's Chocolate and Strawberry Lime Ice Cream Roll
- Paul's Dessert Island Getaway
- Tamal's Passion Fruit and Pineapple Ice Cream Roll
- Ugnė's Lime, Coconut and Hazelnut Cheesecakes
Ugnė was eliminated and Nadiya was awarded Star Baker.
Tamal: "'Happy' is quite a big word to be using for something that looks like this"
Sue: "I've never watched a man, particularly a man of your stature, turn a calf quite as marvellously as the way you turned that."
Mary: "I think your lady needs to get a bit of sunshine to her."
Mel: "I love these hanging nuts."
Ian: "I had to put three on there. For obvious reasons."