In Episode 2 of Series 6 (US Season 3), the three challenges focused on biscuits.
The bakers are give two hours to make 24 identical biscotti in a flavor of their choice. Biscotti hail from Italy and the name translates to “twice baked,” a process that gives the cookie its crunchy-but-not-too-crunchy texture.
- Alvin's Jackfruit, Pistachio and Macadamia Biscotti
- Dorret's Almond and Apricot Biscotti with Amber Sugar Crystals
- Flora's Wedding Biscotti
- Ian's Orange, Rosemary, and Almond Biscotti with Zabaglione Dip
- Marie's Biscotti Italiano
- Mat's Pistachio, Cranberry and White Chocolate Biscotti
- Nadiya's Coconut, Fennel, and Pistachio Biscotti
- Paul's Chocolate, Hazelnut, and Fig Biscotti
- Sandy's Chocolate Chunk and Hazelnut Biscotti
- Tamal's Cinnamon, Maple, and Cranberry Biscotti
- Ugnė's White Wine Biscotti
The bakers are given 2.5 hours to make Paul's arlettes, a thin crispy wafer made from a laminated dough. The recipe left out some important details, including how thin to make each slice and in which layer to include the cinnamon sugar.
The technical bakes were ranked as follows:
The bakers are challenged to make 36 biscuits presented in a biscuit box of a different variety. The judges note that theses showstoppers should have uniform biscuits, and unique flavors, and impressive architecture.
- Alvin's Gingerbread Box and Brandy Snaps
- Dorret's Box of Frogs (gingerbread box and green tea shortbread frogs)
- Flora's Honey and Earl Grey Tea Box (honey shortbread box and earl grey biscuits)
- Ian's Sandwich de la Confiture (shortbread box and macarons)
- Marie's Russian Box (gingerbread box and shortbread biscuits)
- Mat's Gingerbread Fire Engine (gingerbread box and and earl grey biscuits)
- Nadiya's Box of Fortunes (cayenne gingerbread box and fortune cookies)
- Paul's Memory Box (gingerbread box and macarons)
- Sandy's Sundried Tomato Cheese Biscuit Box (savory biscuit box and cheese-filled parmesan biscuits)
- Tamal's Chessboard Box (star anise box and chequered shortbread biscuits)
- Ugnė's Baby Climbing into the Biscuit Box (Lithuanian honeycake box and cottage cheese cookies)
Marie was eliminated and Ian was named Star Baker.
Flora: "I am just stressed. It's biscotti. Why is biscotti stressful?"
Sue: "Okay, bakers. That's time up. If you would like to move your bakes to the end of your benches and just funnel them into my open mouth. Thank you."