In Episode 1 of Series 6 (US Season 3), a new round of twelve bakers are tasked with creating cakes for their very first challenge.
The bakers must create a Madeira cake that has a cracked dome on top. They are given two hours.
- Alvin's Orange, Vanilla and Fig Madeira Cake
- Dorret's Madeira Cake with Candied Lemon
- Flora's Blood Orange Madeira Cake
- Ian's Somewhere West of Madeira Cake
- Marie's Zingy Citrus Madeira Cake
- Mat's Gin and Tonic Madeira Cake
- Nadiya's Orange and Green Cardamom Madeira Cake
- Paul's Lemon, Ginger and Caraway Seed Madeira Cake
- Sandy's Madeira Cake with Almond Liqueur and Chopped Apricots
- Stuart's Marley Madeira Cake
- Tamal's Pistachio and Rose Madeira Cake
- Ugnė's Lemon and Thyme Madeira Cake
The bakers were ranked in this order:
For their final task, the bakers are given 3.5 hours to present their interpretation of a retro Black Forest Gâteau that features tempered chocolate decorations.
- Alvin's Black Forest Gâteau
- Dorret's Enchanted Forest Gâteau
- Flora's Black Forest Gâteau
- Ian's Black Forest Cherry Tree
- Marie's A Walk in the Black Forest
- Mat's Black Forest Gâteau
- Nadiya's Quadruple Chocolate Black Forest Gâteau
- Paul's Black Forest Chocolate Creation
- Sandy's Black Forest Gâteau
- Stuart's Purple Forest Gâteau
- Tamal's Black Forest Gâteau in a Chocolate Shell
- Ugnė's Falling Cup Gâteau
Stuart was eliminated and Marie was named Star Baker.
Ugnė: "I want to go home and I just want to put my feet up and have a good rest. Cup of tea. NO cake."